Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ebay AG Success Stories

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all -

    Since so many folks lately have been having ebay horror stories, I thought I'd ask: am I the only one who has been more than satisfied on all my ebay AG purchases?

    Between my daughters and I, we probably have close to 25 dolls (including bittys) if you include the ones put away for upcoming birthdays/Christmas. And only one of those 25 came direct from AG (Elizabeth). The rest were all ebay purchases, and when I received the dolls, I found that in many cases, they were in much better shape than the seller had described! And I have also been happy with the AG outfits we have found on ebay--usually for less than half the original price, when purchased in lots.

    Linda

  2. #2
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was very happy with a Felicity's Rose Garden gown that I purchased on ebay...the seller was soooo nice and the dress beautiful. I also bought a beautiful PM Posie who was just like new, and I was a little taken back by how light she is (I expected Sombrita's weight), but she is one of my favorite pieces now. I have to say almost all of my ebay experiences are postive, and most of the sellers I've talked to have just been wonderful.
    Shanna

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 15, 2005 08:45 PM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    99% of mine were great! Unfourtantly we tend to rememeber the 1% that weren't.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love e-bay sucess stories.Out of the 10 things I purchased.I have gotten 9 and I am getting 1 more in the mail.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have purchased about 10 dolls from ebay (some for gifts) and I have only been dissapointed once. Even then it was a doll I never would have bid on but DH did. I love looking for bargins and fixer uppers. Most sellers have been great and of course all of the board members I've purchased from have been awesome. I also love just looking around on ebay. I never spend more than I'm willing to lose. Then there are no big regrets.

  6. #6
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    I have had good expieriences, but I haven't really bought much AG stuff, but have had them with other things that I've got.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had some great experiences - only one bad one . Everything I have bought has been in terrific shape, fast shipping, great packaging and less than retail (except for Kailey and Lindsey but that was expected and I still got good deals). The only bad sale was right after Samantha's travel duster set had been repackaged. The seller went to AGP and bought all the pieces before it was available online and said it was retired.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Everything AG that I have bought on Ebay has been in good condition. I have never had a problem with a seller. The only bad experience my mom or I have had on Ebay was when my mom ordered a $400 custom-made shelf for her brother's Christmas present last year, and the seller made it poorly, and out of two different types of wood, too! My mom never did get a refund on that... She waited too long to file a complaint, and the seller never responded to her emails.

  9. #9
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Smile

    Hi!

    This is the first time I have posted, although I have been reading everyone's posts for a few weeks. I just had to reply to this!

    My girls and I have been collecting AG on ebay since the end of May--WOW, what a fun summer we've had!!!!! My patient husband now has dolls staring at him while he sleeps. (And I do hear him say from time to time: "It looks just like they are looking at me...etc. etc." And well, I just tell him they are!

    I have always loved the Pleasant Company, ever since I saw the first catalog. But, at the time, I was a poor college student! Anyway, twenty years later, here we are!

    I first bought Kirsten for my oldest daughter in 1998, because she looked just like her. Kirsten became VERY well-loved and frizzy (no one taught me about the downy dunk), but oh well...

    Last Christmas, I bought Nellie for my younger daughter, because she actually told Santa Claus she wanted bionicles like her older brother! (And I just couldn't buy those for my baby girl!) On Christmas morning, it was so funny! She didn't like Nellie when she opened her up, because she hadn't even imagined getting a doll. By the end of the day, though, they were attached at the hip, and have been ever since. Samantha is patiently waiting, in her box, in the storage room, with her wardrobe, for Christmas morning this year. And, I was informed that Nellie will be coming with us this year to sit on Santa's lap to BEG for her best friend to come live with her! (This is wonderful--a far cry from last year.)

    So, ebay success stories? Well, I have this amazing bookcase that lights up in my bedroom with MY Felicity, Samantha and Kirsten in it, along with all their beautiful things--all from lovely people on ebay. And, yes, I have had a couple of disappointments, but all-in-all, this summer and fall have been so much fun!! My older daughter and I play dolls, now, and even my boys have read all the books. My younger daughter has had her "girlhood" saved, and she walks around the house singing "The Best That I Can Be." Nellie right now is standing in our living room posing as a Pilgrim in one of Linda's (from Texas) pretty pilgrim dresses.

    Ebay Success? Yes!! I have to say we've had a really fun year with it!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have to admit that most of my purchases from Ebay have been great. I have made friends with a couple of the sellers and it has been so much fun corresponding with them. I have also had some very difficult times with some crazies. In the beginning I opted to give them negative ratings and that was a mistake. They in turn gave me negative ratings. I don't give negative ratings anymore. If it is really bad I go to Paypal and they have found in my favor 100% of the time.

    I am grateful for the friends I have made on Ebay and on this hostboard. It is so much fun chatting with other AG fans. The only other ones I know are 6 years old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •